Career @ Interlink
Appication Support / Analyst | Posted: 7/30/2013
Shipping Company Application Support/Analyst
The candidate will participate in level 2 application support, implementation, distribution and maintenance of Client-Server software applications for the maritime shipping industry (sea container carrier). Candidate will be responsible for occasional business analysis and day to day application support for our international clients. Some tasks may require testing user interface (not code testing).
This position requires basic knowledge of SQL databases or any other relational databases, working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems: XP/Windows 7/ Windows 8.X (including servers 2008-2012). Also ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Remote Connection tools (Remote Desktop, Remote Administrator). Specific job assignments will include Help Desk user support of production system software and responsibility for implementation of system software upgrades. Writing system procedures for production support are part of this assignment.
Candidate should have: a minimum of a BS or BA degree or HS diploma + at least 3 years' experience in software support.
Some experience in: Ticketing/call management software, Crystal Reports, SSRS, debugging C#/.NET code.
Maritime shipping operations experience is preferred, but not necessary.
Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with interpersonal skills are required.
Perfect candidate should:
- Be familiar global or domestic shipping industry (shipping terms, documents, operations etc.). Sea shipping experience preferred;
- Have basic knowledge of SQL Server (can write ad-hoc queries), knows SQL Server Reporting Services or/and Crystal Reports or C#/.NET;
- Experience in UI testing.
- Have good analytical and verbal communication skills;
Salary Range: 35,000 - 55,000
Special benefits Include:
- Health Care Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- 401K Savings Plan
- Suburban Work Location
- Casual Work Environment
- Flexible Work Hours
- Direct Hires (no Agencies)
- Only considering applicants in regional area (NY, NJ and PA)
- US Citizens or those legally allowed to work in the US only
- Will not hire on a contract basis
Applicant must be a U.S. resident or currently able to legally work in the U.S.
Please refer to job code NJ052013 when responding to this ad: firstname.lastname@example.org